Hello from Northern Indiana

Hello from Northern Indiana

Postby mkrazit » Wed Nov 04, 2015 11:31 pm

I'm Matt and a relatively new user to the DIY EMS community. I bought an MS3X from DIYAutoTune last year for my `90 1.6 Miata as a first step into Megasquirt and have steadily been teaching myself by reading. The car serves as a street car w/ a bent towards autocross, possibly track days in the future. My intent w/ the MS3X was to learn to tune on the stock 1.6 engine then eventually swap in a later 1.8 unit w/ VVT and retune; w/ kids and home projects, I'm still at the 1.6 tuning portion of the plan...and I've hit a roadblock, which is why I came here...

I can understand your situation, Jean, and I sincerely hope you are managing. I wasn't sure how best to contact you regarding one of the products you provide. I've determined from Miata tuning community input that the internally-powered Dual VR v2.1's MAX9926 chip is required to clean up the 1.6's CAS signal to eliminate misfires at mid-high rpm -- I simply cannot tune VE (let alone spark advance) any further w/o resolving this. W/ the driving season coming to a close for us in the North, I'm not in immediate need, but I am curious if this is something you could still provide.

If you could, please let me know via email when you have a moment.

Cheers,
mkrazit

Re: Hello from Northern Indiana

Postby jbelanger » Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:27 am

Hi Matt and welcome to the forum!

The dual VR 2.1 board is currently out of stock but should be back online in a few weeks.

Jean
jbelanger

Re: Hello from Northern Indiana

Postby mkrazit » Mon Nov 09, 2015 10:55 am

Thanks, Jean. I'll be checking back on its availability...
mkrazit

Return to Introduce yourself