Hello

Hello

Postby toroddandre » Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:16 pm

Hi, my name is torodd and i want ed to join in on this forum to l earn and hopefully contribute.

My projects:
1968 dodge charger 440 v8 engine, stroke to 504cc with 440source kit. Indy head ++++
This is to be squirted during winther with a ms2

I Also am involved in a racing project a volvo 142 with a bmw m60 v8 engine.

Hopefully i can get some clever answer here.
toroddandre

Re: Hello

Postby jbelanger » Tue Dec 08, 2015 1:07 pm

Hi and welcome to the forum!

Jean
jbelanger

Postby toroddandre » Tue Dec 08, 2015 1:32 pm

I was wondering if you Could assist me with choosing an expansion card for me i want 8 egt sensors and i want to do it quite diy and hopefully internal inside ms3extra
toroddandre

Postby jbelanger » Thu Dec 10, 2015 5:06 pm

If you want to put everything inside the MS3 case, the only solution I can think of is to use a TinyIOx and build 8 EGT amplifier circuits on a separate proto board (that's the circuit you need for the EGT amplifier: http://www.msextra.com/doc/ms1extra/MS_ ... al.htm#egt). You will then need to connect each circuit to an ADC input on the TinyIOx.

I'm not sure how big that proto board will need to be but that will in part depend on how tightly you are able to build the circuits. It is also going to end being pretty expensive but that also depends on where you are located and where you can buy the components.

Or if you want an external unit, the CAN-EGT+ is available: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=829. The overall cost with the case and connectors should be similar to the option above.

Jean
jbelanger

Postby toroddandre » Sat Jun 25, 2016 6:30 am

Sorry, but this reply has passed my by..

I have decided that 8 egt sensors are for now a bit overkill...
To start with now i got my self a secondhand MS2 V3.0 to play with, I have installed it into my Charger only to controll ignition and maybe cope with the detonation i'm experiencing.

This went pretty good, i removed the ping, but ended to retard the ignition even less on WOT that on start up (Going from 27deg on startup down to 24deg on WOT) before my ping was gone..
I'm convinced that the issue here is a too restrictive carb. So i have to get going on the injector part of the build :)

For the moment i'm now struggling with ghosts in my MS2, i blew up the C16 cap by connecting a faulty 12V supply to the megastim while installing BT and USB->TTL converter. (The 12v supply gave out 22V instead of 12V as stated on marker :D)
Since this i have replaced C16 and even replaced the Volt regulator, I have 4.86V at proto area, but the car will not run without my USB connected( eighter to computer or even a cigarettelighter phonecharger) then it starts up and run smooth.
Any ideas on this?

Anyhow thats the current state, and I will fill in with pics and updates later on :)
toroddandre

Return to Introduce yourself