Hello

Hello

Postby JamesD » Wed Dec 30, 2015 9:40 pm

Hello,

My name is James, and I live in the Southern California desert. I have a small-block Chevrolet engine on which I would like to eliminate the distributor. One idea led to another (I don't know how things can snowball out here in the desert, yet they do) and I am entertaining the thought of sequential fuel injection and coil-near-plug.

I want to learn as much as I can before I do anything, as I have invested a fair amount of money in the carburetor, manifold, and ignition that's going to be eliminated with the change. I am in the "measure twice, cut once" mode, and don't want to spend more money than necessary, so I bought a JimStim and a JimStimX, figuring that no matter what I do, they will be nice tools, and I had a lot of fun assembling them.

My initial observations led to the conclusion that the jimstim.ini and the wheels_default.jsw files do not represent the 2.04 processor state, so I started playing with the processor using the terminal in TunerStudio, to see if I could figure out how to download the wheel patterns. Soon after that, I ordered a couple of replacement processors to replace the one I bricked, and decided to join this forum.

Now to the important stuff. Thank you for creating these wonderful boards and this forum to support them! I wish all of you and your families all the best in the coming new year, and many more to come.

James
JamesD

Re: Hello

Postby jbelanger » Wed Dec 30, 2015 11:05 pm

Hi James and welcome to the forum.

You're right that the ini file has not been updated for a while. However, I have updated the wheel_default.jsw file so it should reflect the latest firmware. I'll check that out later to see if that's indeed the case.

And we do have plenty of snow here so we can make actual snowballs.

Jean
jbelanger

Return to Introduce yourself