Hi

420aRaf

Hi

Post by 420aRaf » Sat Nov 07, 2009 8:50 pm

What’s up, my name is Rafiel and I am an electrical engineer from Virginia, in my early 20’s. I love anything dealing with a motor and electronics/computers/tuning. I am glad to have been the 4th or 5th person (If my memory serves me right) to sign up to this site, woot!! I have many cars but the only one that matters is my 1996 eclipse GS, that I’ve had for many years. It has a 2.0l 420a that’s fully built (minus crower cams, 2.7l rockers, lifters, crower springs/retainers still awaiting install) running a 62-1 turbonetics turbo (stage 5 turbine), running ms2 sequential with EAE, ect. I’m a MS noob with only 1 year experience. 8-) I check this site often to see what answers jean has for others (regarding problems), in return helping myself for future references. I am constantly impressed by DIY’ers. I would like to say thank you jean for making my car run more efficiently/freely and building tools that help people develop/design/simulate things!!
-Rafiel

jbelanger

Re: Hi

Post by jbelanger » Sat Nov 07, 2009 9:01 pm

It's nice to see you post on the forum and I'm glad if I have been able to help you in some way.

And I look forward to see what you'll come up with in the future with your knock detection board.

Jean

420aRaf

Post by 420aRaf » Sat Nov 07, 2009 10:11 pm

Thanks, if only I can stop messing with this cool wireless transceiver/receiver/battery charging project I’m working on I could get it done, ahaha. My shielded wire just came in from ebay. :lol: When I contacted you about the jimstim I was using the IGN instead of TACH, I don’t know what I was thinking :D , had me wondering: where is the rising and falling edges? It’s been straight ever since i contacted you. Do you have any recommended places where I could get one or two sample boards done for a good price, cheaper then express PCB? Any thing better to drawl circuit traces then express PCB software? I don’t want to Etch and drill holes even though this is home-brew, :lol:

Thanks,
-Rafiel

jbelanger

Post by jbelanger » Sat Nov 07, 2009 10:21 pm

You can have a look at Eagle and KiCad. I have been using Eagle for a while and it's nice but the free version is limited. KiCad is open source and seems to be quite nice but since I'm so used to Eagle, I haven't really tried to make it work since the interface is quite different.

As for boards, you can use the board making side of Sparkfun, BatchPCB. That's really a nice DIY-friendly place (as is Sparkfun) and they have all sorts of tutorial on board making and assembling.

Jean

420aRaf

Post by 420aRaf » Sat Nov 07, 2009 10:28 pm

Good stuff, Thanks Jean!!

I will evaluate!!
-Rafiel