data logging with SD card

If you have ideas for a new board, for new features for existing boards, or want to suggest new applications for the I/O Extender, this is the place to post.

data logging with SD card

Postby ratty2e » Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:53 pm

I am building a eco marathon car for the Shell eco marathon . The car is 2.5 metres long and 600mm wide and 450mm high. The driver lies down to drive ,and then the cockpit cover is installed over him . He has only approx 30mm between his head and the windscreen/ cockpit, so space is at a premium. I have no room to put a lap-top for him to operate the data-logging soft-wear.
What would be ideal would to have a simple board that would take a standard SD memory card and thus datalog the megasquirt in real time :mrgreen: . Ideally it would perfect if this information could be radio linked to the pits every time the car comes around the circuit ( like a wireless broad band link- to a computer in the pits)
I know this would be a huge challenge for you :? , but there is probally hundreds of eco-marathon teams world wide which would appreciate it. As there is shell eco-marathon events in many countries with the main ones being in the USA,Japan,Europe and the UK

thanks
ratty2e

Re: data logging with SD card

Postby UnaClocker » Mon Nov 09, 2009 1:34 pm

The new MS3 CPU's (out by Spring, I imagine) do have SD card datalogging slots on them. Toss on a bluetooth serial link adapter, and you'd have exactly what you are looking for, aside from a compact size.
'84 Dodge Rampage - MS3
UnaClocker

Re: data logging with SD card

Postby jbelanger » Mon Nov 09, 2009 1:46 pm

Have you seen my post from October 27 here?

This will be an add-on board to the I/O Extender so it may be a bit more complex than what you had in mind but that will do the logging you want in addition to some other features. It won't have a radio link but that can be added externally and there are multiple solutions for that.

By the way, I do have the logger board first batch but I've hit a little snag with some of the components availability so it will still take a few weeks before it's available.

Jean
jbelanger

Return to Wish List & Requests