Direct input WBO digital data to IO-x

If you have ideas for a new board, for new features for existing boards, or want to suggest new applications for the I/O Extender, this is the place to post.

Direct input WBO digital data to IO-x

Postby aarc240 » Sun Apr 24, 2011 6:12 pm

Apparently it is now possible to get direct input of WBO digital data from at least a couple of sensor interfaces.
However, it is necessary to trawl through the many IO-x threads to find out which ones are supported so to formalise that situation and register further requests, I'll start a thread specific to that end.

Interfaces currently supported:
SLC OEM - I2C (?)
LC1 - RS232

To these I would request the addition of
TechEdge 2D1 - RS232
aarc240

Re: Direct input WBO digital data to IO-x

Postby jbelanger » Sun Apr 24, 2011 6:57 pm

Yes, the SLC OEM is supported through I2C.

In addition to the TechEdge which has been requested, the PLX has also been requested. One thing to remember is that the TechEdge protocol and interface only allows one controller per RS232 port. So it would be limited to one controller at first and possibly 2 controllers if I change the code to allow the use of both serial ports for auxiliary data input (such as WBO2 controllers).

Jean
jbelanger

Postby UnaClocker » Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:05 pm

jbelanger wrote:Yes, the SLC OEM is supported through I2C.

In addition to the TechEdge which has been requested, the PLX has also been requested. One thing to remember is that the TechEdge protocol and interface only allows one controller per RS232 port. So it would be limited to one controller at first and possibly 2 controllers if I change the code to allow the use of both serial ports for auxiliary data input (such as WBO2 controllers).

Jean

Whereas the LC1, you can daisy chain the controllers, and the SLC you can just put a whole bunch of them on the I2C bus.. :)
I need to get back to work on the wiki.. :)
'84 Dodge Rampage - MS3
UnaClocker

Postby aarc240 » Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:56 pm

I'm looking into the SLC OEM alternative now that the compatibility/suitability of locally available Bosch sensors is clear.
Don't really need more than one WBO (IMO EGT's are a much better solution) but using I2C to unload the RS232 is attractive anyway.

Edit 25 July 2011:
Scratch the TechEdge from that list, at least for me. I'll use the SLC/OEM from Alan To at 14point7. It's supported, it works and I can get tech support responses from Alan. TechEdge isn't answering emails even to Peter (THE Boss).
aarc240

Return to Wish List & Requests