BCM firmware for the IO-x

If you have ideas for a new board, for new features for existing boards, or want to suggest new applications for the I/O Extender, this is the place to post.

BCM firmware for the IO-x

Postby UnaClocker » Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:12 pm

I was thinking (while driving my diesel that cannot currently be DIY injected in any way), it'd be great to have some more standalone type firmware for the IO-x. There are a few things I would like to do with this car, that it seems like it'd be good for. EGT's, radiator fan control, RPM, speed logging, maybe even give it control of the glow plugs in the morning, if I think I can do a better job of it.
I guess all it's really lacking is the ability to do some logic onboard.. Generic outputs type stuff, "when this adc (coolant) is greater than set amount, trigger this output (fan relay)".. It'd be nice if it would do the calculation for current gear, with the engine RPM and wheel speed, for the on screen display. I don't currently have a functional odometer in this car, and you'd talked about adding that functionality.. Good time to add that, if you were to run with my idea.. :)
If you do this, I'll definitely buy another IO-x for my diesel commuter..
'84 Dodge Rampage - MS3
UnaClocker

Re: BCM firmware for the IO-x

Postby jbelanger » Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:38 pm

When you say on screen display, do you mean TS on a computer or something else? If it's TS then I think it's possible to do the current gear calculation with some ini and I know (and so do you) that you can do wheel speed calculations and engine RPM would be similar (actually simpler). And you're right that odometer is one function I want to add and so are the generic outputs.

By the way, what is BCM?

Jean
jbelanger

Re: BCM firmware for the IO-x

Postby UnaClocker » Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:06 am

Body Control Module. I figure since it's not controlling the engine, that makes it more of a BCM than an ECM.. Though in most cases, a BCM has a constant power source and does things like keep the radio on till you get out, and shut the dome light off after a certain amount of time if you leave the doors open. But I'm not really looking for that sort of thing, the standard ignition switched power will do my needs. And yeah, I was thinking TunerStudio on a laptop or something similar to a laptop for my screen. :) Sounds like I can jump into this as soon as some generic outputs are added. :)
'84 Dodge Rampage - MS3
UnaClocker

Return to Wish List & Requests