MS Dyno

If you have ideas for a new board, for new features for existing boards, or want to suggest new applications for the I/O Extender, this is the place to post.

MS Dyno

Postby Breastfed » Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:33 am

Hi Jean
I've been thinking about a DIY Dyno the last few years and more so lately as my engine comes together, I was having thoughts about a trimmed down version of MS with out all the Inj & Coil drivers etc that could be used to measure RPM and Torque and use the PWM or Stepper drivers to control a solenoid or stepper motor setup to regulate the water flow control valve of the Water Brake . All the other spare ADC inputs could be used for Oil Press, Coolant Temp, EGT, or whatever you want ....

And an extra Tab in Tuner Studio to read the data and display Graphs

Any thoughts
Breastfed
Breastfed

Re: MS Dyno

Postby jbelanger » Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:57 am

If this is based on an MS, shouldn't this go on an MS forum? However, the IOx could be used as well. Do you have any specific hardware (solenoid) that could be used for this? The first thing would be to establish exactly what is needed. And do you have any specific water brake in mind? Targeting a specific setup that someone can use for testing would make it much easier to come up with something rather than having just generic ideas.

Jean
jbelanger

Return to Wish List & Requests