Sequential Siamese VE Tables

Main site: http://jbperf.com/index.html

Re: Sequential Siamese VE Tables

Postby nedlohd » Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:37 pm

I just checked #1 tooth angle again. 80deg BTDC
nedlohd

Postby Rod S » Wed Mar 28, 2018 2:34 am

The 80 degrees is fine, you just enter the actual figure through TS. The reason somewhere around 90 is required is because it's midway between the peak compression pressures (ie TDC) of No.2 and No.1 (on a 4cylinder engine) so the point cranking speed is most stable so most likely for the ECU to read stable tooth gaps and synch quick.
An ex-pat, or just returning from a visit to the UK ? We've met plenty of ex-pats on our various trips to Aus, none who have regretted it.
That blackout was quite famous although, over here, it's probably more know about for the follow up with Elon Musk's big battery challenge. We took a detour off the main road from Port Augusta to Adelaide last December (the final leg of our Perth - Adelaide road trip) to see if we could find it, found the windfarm easily enough but couldn't figure out which road/track the battery was up, so gave up.
But, back to the subject, I'll try to put a screenshot of the tables up on the forum but if you PM me your email address I can send you the actual files.
Rod S

Postby nedlohd » Wed Mar 28, 2018 5:50 am

For Rod C
Attachments
1275-2018-03-28_20.17.38.msq
(119.05 KiB) Downloaded 35 times
28-03-18.jpg
28-03-18.jpg (130.24 KiB) Viewed 620 times
nedlohd

Postby Rod S » Wed Mar 28, 2018 7:52 am

The issue here is the second trigger overlaps the primary so you must ensure you have the right edge selected in TS to be the one before the primary.
I can never remember which way around TS displays them in the trigger log but I suspect you should be using the falling edge and your msq is set for rising.
Or better still, use a trigger that has the two edges much closer together and physically set it so both are before the primary trigger.

BTW, I can now see you post on the MS-E forums. I suspect it was delayed as the moderators always want to check out new signings.

Jean, do you want us to move it all over there now ???
Rod S

Postby nedlohd » Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:15 am

Thanks for confirming that Rod.
I compared it with your scope printout and that is what stood out.
I took a Phase Sensor from a Ford Falcon turned down the body and put the Mini drive dog on it so it replaces the distributor.
It had a half moon (50/50) vain so I cut it down to about 10mm wide.
I'm thinking I will reduce it a bit more maybe try 5 or 6mm first. That should get it in the window.
Also, I'll take your advice and try falling edge.

Off for the weekend now so back at it next Wednesday.
Have a nice Easter break.
Dave
nedlohd

Postby jbelanger » Wed Mar 28, 2018 12:50 pm

Rod S wrote:Jean, do you want us to move it all over there now ???

Rod, I don't mind keeping it here. My main concern is that it might not be as easy for others to find it here as it would on a more populated forum such as msextra or even the turbominis forum.

Jean
jbelanger

Previous

Return to General