Tables and Offset Settings after cofiguration error

Main site: http://jbperf.com/index.html
superdavemotorsports

Tables and Offset Settings after cofiguration error

Post by superdavemotorsports » Sat Jun 29, 2019 4:13 pm

While trying to start the car I let the battery voltage get to low and I thing that caused my ms3x to display a configuration error dialog. I dont recall if it said what the problem was because it went away at ignition off and didnt come back. Now I am having problems with my gen_pwm_A. not following the curve set and when viewing as a table, the table data looks wrong.
In trying to verify my settings ive been looking through my ini file and need some refreshing of my memory.

To get the table & offset settings correct for the iox they have to be the same as whats in the ini file for the iox. Theres nothing in the main controller.ini that would effect my gen_pwm_A?
Where is that T&O info in the ini? Under "output channels" near the end of the ini file?
I'm not seeing anything referring to "table" in the ini to indicate for example table 7.
I'm sure I knew this at one time after reading it in a thread somewhere but a search didnt bring it up much here and the msextra information I gathered makes me think my can1.ini or main controller.ini is the problem.
Feel free to comment on anything thats causing me problems...

msq's and ini's from project folder zipped and attatched
Attachments
06292019.zip
(253.03 KiB) Downloaded 2 times
MS3x/Can-Egt/IOx V1.2 FW0.1.2 (2)adc inputs pins20&24 (1)vr pins5&6 (1)hout3(pwm water pmp) pin34 Diyautotune can-egt (8)egt sensors(2) innovate LC2's serial prtd into canegt DBWx2 soon http://www.msextra.com/forums/viewtopic ... 67&t=70530

superdavemotorsports

Re: Tables and Offset Settings after cofiguration error

Post by superdavemotorsports » Sat Jun 29, 2019 10:35 pm

I found some purdy good ini info in a old post .. Wasnt in the iox section, had to dig into the tinyiox threads to find it.
Edit.. Iox/tinyiox are all in the same section

http://forum.jbperf.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1102#p6496

Some user manual updates sure would be nice. Between this and the endless dead links on msextra researching these problems can be a real bear to get answers to.
MS3x/Can-Egt/IOx V1.2 FW0.1.2 (2)adc inputs pins20&24 (1)vr pins5&6 (1)hout3(pwm water pmp) pin34 Diyautotune can-egt (8)egt sensors(2) innovate LC2's serial prtd into canegt DBWx2 soon http://www.msextra.com/forums/viewtopic ... 67&t=70530

jbelanger

Post by jbelanger » Sun Jun 30, 2019 1:35 pm

You are correct that the documentation is lacking.

As for where to look in the ini, you need to check the OutputChannels section. The table is not obvious but you can see it in this line:

Code: Select all

ochGetCommand       = "r\x05\x07%2o%2c"
where '05' is the standard CAN ID for the IOx and '07' is the table number. Then the offset is found in the list below that as is shown in the post you linked.

Jean

superdavemotorsports

Post by superdavemotorsports » Sun Jun 30, 2019 2:00 pm

Is ochGetCommand where the table # is set?
Are there any other instances of the the table in the ini?
Is it the same ochGetCommand location in the main controller ini?

jbelanger

Post by jbelanger » Sun Jun 30, 2019 2:21 pm

The table number is not set in the ini. It just tell TunerStudio which table to read by telling it which command to use. And this is the table that contains all the log data so this is what TunerStudio will read and what the MS3 will also read when it wants to get data from the IOx or the CAN-EGT. And that is the only place where this is defined and used. There is one for the MS3 and one for each of the CAN devices.

I'm not sure what you want to know or what you're looking to do. So it is a bit difficult for me to elaborate on this.

And I had a look at the project you posted and the MS3 settings seem to be fine concerning the CAN ID, table and offset you have there. However, there are a couple of settings on the IOx and the CAN-EGT that I'm not sure are what you wanted to use.

On the CAN-EGT, you seem to be using the serial port for reading AFR data from two WBO2 controllers. But you also have the serial passthrough enabled. Is that what you wanted to do so that you can connect the Innovate software on your PC to the CAN-EGT and see the controllers? If so, that's fine.

On the IOx you have 4 on/off outputs set and you are using timer and ADC pins. Is that intentional?

Jean

superdavemotorsports

Post by superdavemotorsports » Sun Jun 30, 2019 6:40 pm

Ive been working on converting and installing a itb manifold for more than a year.
Some time ago I created a new tune and at that time everything was working. Then I believe when I was trying to start the motor the battery voltage dropped to low/EMI event corrupted something and I got a tunerstudio error that there was a settings error or corruption error. I cant remember, it didnt come back after a key cycle. Now i'm working on reloading the firmware for ms3x & iox, the iox isnt liking the ini. I think I have passthrough enabled still and need to disable.
Current setup .. i'm fairly sure is ..
The CAN1 iox has (3) inputs and (1) pwm output. (2) adc inputs, fuel temp and fuel pressure, along with a vr vehicle speed sensor then pwm A output for the elec water pump. CAN2 canegt has 8 egt inputs and (2) innovate lc2 wbo2's serial ported into the canegt.
They all were working, in the past but I have had issues with the pwm output in the past at least once before. I tried that solution provided by Jean last time, this time without success.
Most recent drive the can pwmA driven electric water pump wouldnt go past 40% duty, its base starting point when it turns on with the fuel pump relay, and wasnt following the settings based on collant, in tunerstudio. I Fiddled with it for awhile then went back to the books to try and remember it all again. Thats probably why there are some odd settings on the iox. The canegt should be correctly setup except for old firmware/ini, still looking for new version. I Had a couple ideas then ran into some crazy table settings with my iox/extended control/generic pwm output A. I now believe it is due to the nature of the whole system. The differences in tunerstudio when switching between curve and table are due to different size data storage locations between the 2 different offset locations in the CAN1 ini for table and curve data. I think.
Talking about it helps me work through it all and maybe it'll help somebody else to.

jbelanger

Post by jbelanger » Sun Jun 30, 2019 6:52 pm

There were a few typos in the ini when it was initially released so you might want to download the one (linked at the post I linked above) on the site and use it. That might be what you're seeing when you say it didn't like the ini.

And the best way of loading the IOx firmware is to use the port scanner. If you do see the IOx there then you can upload the new firmware regardless of your settings.

If you can't figure out what's going on with your generic PWM, I will need a datalog to see what's going on. And enabling the runtime data on the IOx will be needed to log what's going on in the IOx.

Jean

superdavemotorsports

Post by superdavemotorsports » Sun Jun 30, 2019 10:23 pm

jbelanger wrote:
Sun Jun 30, 2019 2:21 pm
The table number is not set in the ini. It just tell TunerStudio which table to read by telling it which command to use. And this is the table that contains all the log data so this is what TunerStudio will read and what the MS3 will also read when it wants to get data from the IOx or the CAN-EGT. And that is the only place where this is defined and used. There is one for the MS3 and one for each of the CAN devices.

I'm not sure what you want to know or what you're looking to do. So it is a bit difficult for me to elaborate on this.

And I had a look at the project you posted and the MS3 settings seem to be fine concerning the CAN ID, table and offset you have there. However, there are a couple of settings on the IOx and the CAN-EGT that I'm not sure are what you wanted to use.

On the CAN-EGT, you seem to be using the serial port for reading AFR data from two WBO2 controllers. But you also have the serial passthrough enabled. Is that what you wanted to do so that you can connect the Innovate software on your PC to the CAN-EGT and see the controllers? If so, that's fine.

On the IOx you have 4 on/off outputs set and you are using timer and ADC pins. Is that intentional?

Jean
Jean,
The 4 on/off outputs in the iox were a product of the corruption, that's when i realized something was corrupt, because gps is not something i ever created or used. They've since been disabled

Now I'm going through the iox settings and double checking everything .. Surprise, I ran into something i can't fix myself .. easily, but i think i understand the problem.

Starting from the db37 on the iox... ***EDIT*** iox V1.2
Pin 20 which i think is adc1 ptb2/adp10, a crankcase pressure sensor/map sensor for measuring crankcase vacuum, and on port 3. Then I'm using pin 5&6 vr1 ptj0/timer 3 ch0 as a vr speed sensor, so on port 2, which then leaves my fuel temp sensor on pin24 adc5 ptc4/adp20. Then finally on pin 34 hout3 ptd2/timer 1 ch0 as my output to my pwm water pump on port 1... According to http://jbperf.com/io_extender/index.html, which i know is old info but some of it must still be relevant or it wouldn't still be there. Back to Tunerstudio where it calls the previously mentioned pin 24/adc5/ptc4/adp10 by the name adc4 in the "can/adc settings", Then different again in tunerstudio "can/adc activation", where it's back to calling adc5/adc channel 4. That is unless i remap the port in "can/adc settings". Which might fix everything or really mess up the whole works leaving me redoing all the gauges properties on my dashboard gauges.
. Which now leads me to my problem .. So just going by the cpu ports when setting up "can/port settings" in Tunerstudio i find my 2 adc inputs under port 3 like they should be, and my hout3 under port 1 like it should be, but it doesn't give me an option in port 2 for my vr sensor on pin 5&6 ptj0/timer 3 ch0, where it should be.

See how talking about it makes it easier to understand ...

. I just needed some information on what's changed and what's still the same, in regards to pin, port and channel names so i can understand and setup my system again.
. I swear you loose focus in this game ... for one year and your back to square one relearning everything.
. I promise no more about the manual.. you must have your reasons..
Thank you for the help Jean
Last edited by superdavemotorsports on Mon Jul 01, 2019 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

superdavemotorsports

Post by superdavemotorsports » Sun Jun 30, 2019 10:31 pm

Here's a link to the iox extender firmware and ini from another thread were talking in.
http://forum.jbperf.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1294

superdavemotorsports

Post by superdavemotorsports » Mon Jul 01, 2019 12:44 am

Jean,
I reloaded firmware for iox and ms3x,ms3x I upgraded to 1.5.2 beta firmware and ini, once I get this figured out I'm installing my new DBW setup. I havent had a chance to look for the diyautotune can-egt firmware.
I tried moving the inputs and outputs around to the 3 different ports. Initially no error but as soon as I try setting things up I Keep getting a configuration error on CAN1 gen pwm port conflict.
Could you take a look.
Edit .. and a datalog including genpwmA while using the projectcfg files in 06292019.zip in post 1
ini msq.zip
(242.57 KiB) Downloaded 2 times
2019-06-16_21.13.00.msl.zip
(458.99 KiB) Downloaded 1 time

jbelanger

Post by jbelanger » Tue Jul 02, 2019 12:16 am

You have enabled the digital I/Os on the IOx and you have the ports polling enabled on the MS3 for an input port but I don't see that you are using any CANIN on your MS3. Also, you have the settings all wrong for the ports on the IOx because you have only an output port configured as a single PWM output which is not something you can use with the MS3 and you cannot use port 3 as an output with the MS3. Moreover you are using the same pin as the generic PWM output which is a completely different usage even if they both are PWM outputs. So you get a conflict.

Disable the digital I/Os on the IOx and disable the ports polling on the MS3.

Jean

superdavemotorsports

Post by superdavemotorsports » Tue Jul 02, 2019 12:44 am

I got it..
Just had to go back through a old thread http://forum.jbperf.com/viewtopic.php?f ... 4&start=20 and compare some old msq's .. It was just a matter of getting the CAN settings right. It isnt always clear what adc numbering to use. sometimes adc0 is adc1 or adc01 .. The port is always ptb2/adp10 but alot of times the ms or can device only gives you the adc#