How updated are the documentation?

Main site: http://jbperf.com/index.html

How updated are the documentation?

Postby ftrentini » Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:40 am

Hi, Jean,

First, introducing myself, my name is Fausto Trentini, I'm from Brazil and I'm a great enthusiast in electronic and cars. I own 3 cars running on MS 2, 2 of them running on your PnH boards. And I also help several friends to assembly and configure their MS.

Now days, a MS seller here in Brazil, told me that in the newest firmwares, the configuration of phasing angle of sequential injection changed to the "0-720" kind and was not '0-360; -360-0" anymore, like I was configuring on mine and another engines.

I searched on msextra's, on forum each firmware change since 3.0.3 alpha, and I couldn't find any anotation about this change, so I looked at your page, and also says the same, to use "0-360; -360-0".

I confess I'm having much less time to update myself since my son was born, 8 months ago, so, in order to take this doubt clean, I'm asking the "pope", I mean, you: Was there any changes?

Thanks in advance.
ftrentini

Re: How updated are the documentation?

Postby jbelanger » Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:32 am

There has been quite a few changes since then however, the angle is not limited to 0-720 but can be from -360 to 720. So anything in that range will work.

Jean
jbelanger

Postby ftrentini » Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:36 am

Thanks for the fast reply. I have another doubt thou, about the "different bank driver" being used or not when it's set to semi-sequential.
I remember you said at the msextra forum that, in the case of 3.0.3a fw, the second driver must remain off when semi-seq is set and the injectors are the same. But, after, I remember I tested the firmware 3.1.4b, right after its release, the "changelog" topic said there were a lot of improvements on sequential code, and my osciloscope tests were inconclusive when the second bank was turned off, but all worked perfect when turned on.

Then I ask you: Do I have to turn on the second bank and repeat the values when I'm using semi-sequential? Or keep it off?
ftrentini

Postby jbelanger » Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:18 pm

ftrentini wrote:Then I ask you: Do I have to turn on the second bank and repeat the values when I'm using semi-sequential? Or keep it off?

The only reason you need to use the second bank is if they are different. If you use it with the same values then it will work but that doesn't change anything.

Jean
jbelanger

Postby ftrentini » Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:08 pm

jbelanger wrote:
ftrentini wrote:Then I ask you: Do I have to turn on the second bank and repeat the values when I'm using semi-sequential? Or keep it off?

The only reason you need to use the second bank is if they are different. If you use it with the same values then it will work but that doesn't change anything.

Jean

Thanks a lot.

Fausto.
ftrentini

Return to General