ADC data collection points

Main site: http://jbperf.com/index.html

ADC data collection points

Postby slattery_caleb » Mon Jun 23, 2014 11:34 pm

Hi Jean.

I have run out of ADC inputs on my MS3 unit.

i am after a unit that i am able to create extra ADC inputs and get them into the MS via the CAN function for data loging purposes. at the moment they are just a couple of gauges that i am trying to collect the data from.

Thanks Caleb
slattery_caleb

Re: ADC data collection points

Postby dontz125 » Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:20 am

How many channels do you want? Jean has a few designs, from the little TinyIOx to the original IOx.
dontz125

Postby jbelanger » Tue Jun 24, 2014 1:51 pm

The TinyIOx is the first one you should have a look at if you only need a few inputs. However, you would need to build the ADC conditioner circuits and provide some way to connect the sensors to the board. The IOx makes those things easier but it is more expensive and add one external box to your MS setup; the TinyIOx can be installed inside the MS box.

Jean
jbelanger

Postby slattery_caleb » Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:50 pm

Thanks.

At this stage its only about 2 or 3 extra points i need, but i didnt want to cut myself to short in the furture, never know what mite come up.

The I/Ox looks simpler as it does not need the proto conditioning circuitary, but it does alot more then what i will need.

how complex is the ADC conditioning circuit for the Tiny I/O board??

Caleb
slattery_caleb

Postby jbelanger » Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:21 am

This is what the conditioner circuit looks like:

However, the 1M resistor is not essential in most cases and the bias resistor is only needed when the sensor is something like a thermistor (temperature sensor; the 2.49k value shown is for GM sensors). So it's a couple of ceramic capacitors and a couple of resistors. You can look at what is done on the MS board since this is essentially the same thing.

Jean
jbelanger

Return to General