jimstim-k

Main site: http://jbperf.com/index.html

jimstim-k

Postby jrods2 » Mon Nov 10, 2014 11:45 am

just received jimstim-k. Are all the posts for this kit refered to as JimStim v1.5? Anyone got any suggestions for what style/brand soldering iron to use? What mistakes should I avoid?
building ms2 & jimstim for my use. 66 ford galaxie 390 cid Paxton super charger @ 20 psi
jrods2

Re: jimstim-k

Postby jbelanger » Mon Nov 10, 2014 12:52 pm

You might want to have a look at the tutorials at Sparkfun. There are also a ton of them around on the web.

There is nothing specific to how you should assemble the JimStim kit; just follow the instructions. The JimStim you have is a v1.5; the other name is the one from your vendor for the kit version. Look under the board and you will see the board version. The one thing you may want to be careful about is to not overheat the LEDs and the transistors; so don't keep your soldering iron in contact with those components for too long .

Jean
jbelanger

Re: SOLERING IRON

Postby jrods2 » Mon Nov 10, 2014 1:55 pm

I HAVE A REALLY GOOD WELLER BUT THE BOARD FOR MEGA SQUIRT IS GOING TO REQUIRE A MUCH SMALLER TIP. cAN YOU SUGGEST AN IRON TO USE THATS REASONALBLE? COST($ 20.00)
building ms2 & jimstim for my use. 66 ford galaxie 390 cid Paxton super charger @ 20 psi
jrods2

Re: jimstim-k

Postby jbelanger » Mon Nov 10, 2014 2:13 pm

I moved the post because this seemed to be related to this topic you started.

There are many different options but this is one good example: https://www.sparkfun.com/products/12724. You can get something cheaper that will not be adjustable but that can be a very nice thing to have.

Jean
jbelanger

Return to General