alternative to 14point7

Main site: http://jbperf.com/index.html

alternative to 14point7

Postby Yves » Sat Mar 19, 2016 10:06 am

Here's the situation, I have been trying to get hold of a set of 8 WB controllers + Bosch 4.9 sensors from 14point7 for a while. Recently Alan indicated that they were in and I ordered 8 pieces. Couple of days later it turns out the WB's were not in...

Long story short : is there someone else with a similar priced unit ?
Yves

Re: alternative to 14point7

Postby Rod S » Sun Mar 20, 2016 3:36 am

Strange, I just received two 4.9 controllers (assuming you mean the SLC-OEMs) only 4 days ago.
His customer service had appeared to be improving recently.
I can't think of any alternative that interfaces so well with Jean's IOx range (digital interface, not analogue) irrespective of price. The Innovates I tried ages ago, a lot more expensive, both failed.
Sorry, that doesn't answer your question, I was very frustrated with his service originally but just learned to be patient.
Rod S

Re: alternative to 14point7

Postby Yves » Sun Mar 20, 2016 10:07 am

Rod S wrote:Strange, I just received two 4.9 controllers (assuming you mean the SLC-OEMs) only 4 days ago.
His customer service had appeared to be improving recently.
I can't think of any alternative that interfaces so well with Jean's IOx range (digital interface, not analogue) irrespective of price. The Innovates I tried ages ago, a lot more expensive, both failed.
Sorry, that doesn't answer your question, I was very frustrated with his service originally but just learned to be patient.

I was ordering the Spartan 2 controller not the Spartan oem.

Due to the fact I was ordering 8 we were talking about a total of +US$1000. There was no view on the parts arriving soon which is why I had to ask for a refund. Fortunately that is already ok.

Yes, customer service is not his strong point it seems.
Yves

Return to General