Buell simulator

Main site: http://jbperf.com/index.html
rb70383

Buell simulator

Post by rb70383 » Wed Oct 30, 2019 7:13 am

Hello all! First post and I'm in asking questions... :roll:

I have an 03 Buell Firebolt.
I'm wanting to install the newer throttle bodies onto the bike. The newer versions are updated with IAC, vs a manual adjuster on the 03-07 bikes. Other big difference is crank vs cam sensor. Aside from that, I figured the best way to go about this is to emulate the V-twin.
I haven't gotten a JimStim yet, as I'm not sure if it can be programmed for a specific wheel or are Buell/Harley patterns available? If not I suppose that makes it time for an O-scope to see the pattern? If so this would be 2 fold as I haven't gotten my MS3X finished yet, and would probably help with that one as well. That one is a 98 5.9 jeep. Plan is MS3X, COP/sequential fuel.

My other alternative, which I would rather not do is redo the bike with a microsquirt, as the factory ECM, now unlocked, is pretty capable. :D

jbelanger

Re: Buell simulator

Post by jbelanger » Wed Oct 30, 2019 12:23 pm

There is a 32-2 Harley signal but I don't know if that is what you need. It would also be possible to program a new wheel pattern but you will need the correct adapter cable and you will need to create the pattern file and use the uploading app (see the web site).

But even with the correct pattern there is no guarantee that this would work with your OEM ECU. The electrical characteristics of the tach signal will almost certainly be different for the real sensor and the ECU may not like it. There are people using the JimStim with OEM ECUs but I don't know if there are any using the Harley/Buell one.

Jean