v8 ms3/ms3x 2 peak & hold boards

http://jbperf.com/p&h_board/index.html

v8 ms3/ms3x 2 peak & hold boards

Postby superdavemotorsports » Fri Aug 15, 2014 12:48 pm

I'm running a ms3 v3.0 with ms3x on a Chevy v8, full sequential and ls58x coil near plug. I have a 60/2 crank trigger wheel with vr sensor and a single tooth cam wheel with vr sensor also.
I'm trying to get a definitive answer on wiring (2) v1.1b p&h boards into my system to run (8) low z injectors sequentially. Through 2 days of searching I've found what i believe is a direction now ... I think ...
It know since i have v1.1b boards and not
V2 i have to pick up the injector signals before the ms3x, since i am mounting the (2) v1.1b boards in the ms3 case with the ms3x i can safely intercept those (8) injector signals from the 10 pin J1 header leaving the ms3 card before they go to the ms3x.
Is there a better way to run 8 sequential injectors?
Do i have to remove any components from the v3.0 main board to use the J1 header?
Am i forgetting anything?
Thank you,
Dave
superdavemotorsports

Re: v8 ms3/ms3x 2 peak & hold boards

Postby jbelanger » Fri Aug 15, 2014 1:41 pm

To run 8 sequential injectors, you don't have a choice but have 1 driver per injector. So using 2 p&h boards connected to the J1 header is the way to go with the V1.1 board. With the V2.0.1 board you could have simply connected to the MS3X injector outputs again using one driver per injector. Those are the 2 available solutions.

And you don't need to do anything to the V3.0 board. The MS3 hardware and code allow you to use the J1 header directly for sequential injection. The only other things you need are the 5V power and ground to the p&h boards and the wiring to bring the injector outputs and injector grounds outside the MS box; with 2 boards it is going to take some planning because that's quite a few wires.

Jean
jbelanger

Postby superdavemotorsports » Sat Aug 16, 2014 2:46 am

Excellent .. If I only have 1 choice my decision becomes that much easier.
I hate to ask this for the fear that I'm not done shopping ....
Are there any advantages to the v2.0.1 board after the ms3x?
Are you selling those boards again?
Dave
superdavemotorsports

Postby jbelanger » Sat Aug 16, 2014 11:55 am

The advantage is that the board is installed in its own case and simply needs to be connected to the MS3X connector; there is no internal modification or addition needed to the MS3. And they are available here: http://www.jbperf.com/p&h_board/v2_0_1.html#Buy

Jean
jbelanger

Return to Peak&Hold Driver