doubt pick&Hold board and shipping

http://jbperf.com/p&h_board/index.html

doubt pick&Hold board and shipping

Postby sergiosag » Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:30 am

Hello, fist at all i'm sorry for my bad inglish, I'm from Argentina in South America.
The doubt is the next my car is a Suzuki Swift GTI at this moment is managment by a MS2 with low Z injectors (3.3 Ohm). The MS2 is a update of one MS1 because the chipset dead. From the biginning i had struggled with PWM could not drop of 75 ~ 50 % because it didn't work.
When i update de MS these problems worsened and channel 2 did not work more. I tested on both channels outside the car and ran perfectly at 9000 rpm. I replace all parts of PWM circuit (some parts are hard to get here) and the problem persist.
I was wondering if the Peak&Hold board solve the problem forever?

Another cuestion for Jean, if the board solve my problem can make an international shipping (for my country)?
Sergio
sergiosag

Re: doubt pick&Hold board and shipping

Postby jbelanger » Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:03 am

First, I moved this to the appropriate forum.

If the issue is with the MS board driver then using the p&h board will work. But if the issue is with the CPU then that will not solve the issue. You need to check if there is a signal from the CPU. You also want to decide if you're going to use sequential injection so that you can do the MS2 card modifications needed.

Jean
jbelanger

Postby sergiosag » Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:32 am

Thanks Jean.
I think the problem is with the MS board, because the chipset MS1 also to the problem. In fact this caused the processor to burn as injectors remained open and flooded the cylinders. Because of this change the processor for MS2 and doing the necessary to work with phonic wheel adjustments. To see that this was not working channel 2 check to put the setup simultaneously with a voltmeter made the measurement at the terminals of each injector if the pulse arrived. To my surprise the pulse came good. I do not have an oscilloscope to measure the pulse wave well.

Respect the injection will connect as if sequential but will not use at the moment so as I am to install the wheel of a tooth in the cams. First I want to make it work well with coils cop. This is a change that still was not performed in any swift in Argentina and is almost an experiment. At the end of the project should be functional with full sequential injection and sequential coils cop
sergiosag

Postby jbelanger » Thu Jul 23, 2015 3:21 pm

Since you get a signal with your meter, you most likely have a functional CPU and the issue is in the driver somewhere. That would show up only with injectors and the load they put on the driver. So I think that removing the injector driver components from the MS board and using a p&h board would give you a working setup. By the way, which MS board do you have? That can have an impact on how easy this is to install.

Also, I do ship internationally (select the correct option on the web site besides the Buy button) but use regular mail so there is no tracking or guaranteed delivery date. Depending on your country, that may be an issue. I don't have many customers in South America but there has been long delivery delays in some cases.

Jean
jbelanger

Postby sergiosag » Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:25 am

Hello Jean, i'm running MS2 in a v3.0 pcb.

In your website says some of xpresspost, for more faster delivery.
Can you tell me more of the Xpresspost or if any another delivery possibility?.

Sergio
sergiosag

Postby jbelanger » Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:11 am

Sergio,

Except for Canada and the US, any shipping option other than regular mail will be more expensive than the product. This is why I don't offer it.

Jean
jbelanger

Postby sergiosag » Thu Feb 04, 2016 8:55 am

Hi Jean, i have a trouble with the u4, this is a MC34151P and my board is a v3.0. In my Country i dont get the IXDI404 or IXDI604.
Can you give me a circuit to reduce the 12V output to 5V? Or the circuit for a CD40107BE?

Sergio
sergiosag

Postby jbelanger » Thu Feb 04, 2016 11:49 am

Sergio,

Since you have an MS2, the simplest way would be to connect the p&h board the same way you would for sequential injection: http://jbperf.com/sequential/index.html#v3conn. If you don't want to make the MS2 card modifications, you can simply use only the INJ1 and INJ2 connection and connect 2 drivers per channel.

That way you can completely ignore the FET driver. And you have the needed 5V signal.

Jean
jbelanger

Postby sergiosag » Thu Feb 04, 2016 5:18 pm

Thanks Jean, now the p&h card works fine. I tested with test mode of ms extra and all it's ok.

Another question, if connected the p&h at same un secuential instalation and in tunerstudio set like untimed injection the channel 3 and 4 works anyway?
sergiosag

Postby jbelanger » Thu Feb 04, 2016 5:44 pm

As long as you enable the additional injector channels, they will work even with untimed injection. Channels 1 and 3 will fire together and 2 and 4 together.

Jean
jbelanger

Postby Manu » Sat Feb 06, 2016 7:56 am

jbelanger wrote:As long as you enable the additional injector channels, they will work even with untimed injection. Channels 1 and 3 will fire together and 2 and 4 together.

Jean

Good information here. Thank Jean. I'm now aware that if I want to run semi-sequential with this kind of setup I have to wire injector differently than what I think (inj 1&4 to channel 1&3 and inj 2&3 to channel 2&4 for standard engine 1-3-4-2).

Bests,
Manu
Manu

Postby jbelanger » Sat Feb 06, 2016 1:20 pm

Manu,

I was talking about untimed injection here. If you use semi-sequential injection on a 4 cylinder, there will be only 2 channels used even if you specify that you're using the additional injector channels. So you will need to connect 2 injectors per channel and the additional channels will not be active.

You can refer to the table here: http://jbperf.com/sequential/index.html to make sure which number of channels are used when using sequential/semi-sequential.

Jean
jbelanger

Return to Peak&Hold Driver