Codes for Timing Wheels

http://jbperf.com/JimStim/index.html

Codes for Timing Wheels

Postby RickS » Tue Jun 23, 2015 6:51 am

Sorry for disturbing you but I have been looking through the forum but can't find an answer to my search.

What I am after, is a small explanation to the first 5 characters in the timing wheel definition .TXT file.... It looks as if '01,5' is a crank tooth and '00,5' is a space. Does '10,5' correspond to a cam signal..? I think that it does but I am confused about other strings ('11,50', '11,10' '10,30' etc. etc.). Do I need to know these and is there a list somewhere that I've missed...?

Thanks in advance, RickS

** Ok.. I have found a description in the .TXT file itself (output byte, delay factor) **
** Should be able to work from that. Apologies for time wasting **
RickS

Re: Codes for Timing Wheels

Postby jbelanger » Tue Jun 23, 2015 10:38 am

The first 2 characters are bit values (0 or 1) and they indicate whether the signal is off (0) or on (1). And you're right that they are for cam and crank, in that order. The number after the comma is the number of degrees for the tooth or space.

And note that the maximum value you can enter for the size is 63 degrees. If you have a tooth or a space longer than that, simply enter 2 lines with the same first 2 characters but with about half the number of degrees on each line.

Jean
jbelanger

Postby RickS » Tue Jul 14, 2015 5:14 am

Thanks for the update and knowledge.
Makes perfect sense and have now successfully amended, added new wheel patterns. Lovely to work with.
Best regards, RickS
RickS

Postby jbelanger » Tue Jul 14, 2015 10:29 am

Good to see it's working well for you.

Jean
jbelanger

Postby RickS » Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:22 am

Sorry for raising this post again but it's a 5 second question and won't tie you up for too long..!

I have the requiremant to specify a cam trigger wheel with 4 teeth. This is in unison with a 60-2 crank pattern.
The tooth sizes on the cam wheel are 18°, 18°, 68° and 68° and the rising edges are all 90° apart.
Now, as I code these in the trigger pattern .TXT file, would they be 10,18 and 10,68 respectively for each cam entry..?

Is that correct or have I missed something..?!
Thanks in advance for shining a light on this...
RickS
RickS

Return to JimStim