Nissan RB26DETT trigger

http://jbperf.com/JimStim/index.html

Nissan RB26DETT trigger

Postby RickS » Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:55 am

Good day fellow JimSim-ers....
I was wondering if anybody had run a simulation for a Nissan RB26DETT motor..? I have been asked to find out if possible with my JimSim but my 'Skyline' knowledge is next to nothing..!

As I understand it, it runs a 'fast data rate' crank trigger in stock mode and from scanning through the web, I can only find out that this 'probably' means 360 crank teeth..! Can that be correct..?

Please excuse my naïvity but as mentioned above, it's not a motor that I have come into close contact with. If the 'fast data rate' does, in fact, mean 360 crank teeth, does this preclude the use of the JimSim to simulate the crank pattern..? I understand that the cam timing wheel has 6 slots of varying 'slot lengths' to identify the 6 different cylinders...

Any info out there that anyone would like to share..?! Has anybody tackled one of these motors with our beloved simulator..?

Best regards all and many thanks for any input....
RickS
PS... I have and use the 'JIMtrigger' editor, and have made and loaded some pretty funky tooth/timing patterns, so am no stranger to that side of things...!
RickS

Re: Nissan RB26DETT trigger

Postby jbelanger » Mon Dec 05, 2016 1:18 pm

I also don't know what the RB26DETT trigger looks like but the standard JimStim wheel modes do include a 6 cylinder wheel pattern with 360 teeth. That's a CAS so it's running at cam speed. Also, you can only get this to work at low RPM because the JimStim CPU can't handle high RPM with such a high tooth count.

So you can try to see if that could be the same pattern or you can use it as a basis for the pattern you need.

Jean
jbelanger

Re: Nissan RB26DETT trigger

Postby RickS » Tue Dec 06, 2016 3:46 am

Why didn't I check properly Jean..!
Thanks for the 'nudge', I should be OK now...
I need to convert it to a 4 cyl version but I should be able to manage that.
Regards, RickS
RickS

Return to JimStim