Missing 5v rail.

http://jbperf.com/JimStim/index.html
nishirux

Missing 5v rail.

Post by nishirux » Fri Oct 04, 2019 12:47 pm

Hi,

For some reason I Am missing the 5v rail connecting the 5v header, R1-R10, TPS, O2 and spare potentiometers. Aswell as I also noticed that R27 had failed. I do have 5.5v on the tach circuit at C3, and R22.

I can't see any voltage divider circuit in the v1.5 schematic. Where is the 5v rail sourced from?

I guess i have a short or a faulty component somewhere. But i can't find which one it might be. Got any pointers for me?

/Nishirux

jbelanger

Re: Missing 5v rail.

Post by jbelanger » Fri Oct 04, 2019 2:34 pm

Which ECU do you have connected to the JimStim? If it's not one with a DB37 and you're using the screw terminals then you need to connect VRef to the 5V terminal. There is no 5V generated on the JimStim board and it relies on the ECU for it.

Your other posts about the TPS are also related to this. And there was no need for multiple posts; your first posts are moderated to filter out spam and trolls.

Jean

nishirux

Re: Missing 5v rail.

Post by nishirux » Fri Oct 04, 2019 3:52 pm

Then that explains it. Thank you.

The first 2 posts were because i did not realize that post approval was needed. I apologize for that. Figured you would delete them once you saw that i made the last post that had alot more information provided.

Anyway thank you.