Just need confirmation before install

http://jbperf.com/dual_VR/index.html

Just need confirmation before install

Postby hrforever » Tue Nov 25, 2014 3:05 am

As I've been chasing a syncing problem on my MS3/MS3X install into a 1UZFE motor, I've bought the conditioner to hopefully get over this annoying hurdle.

I've bought the external board and plan to put it in an old relay casing, up near the front of the motor and run the crank and cam wires straight to the board, then just use the existing signal wires back to the ecu (crank - pin 24, cam - pin 32 MS3X). Once this is done I assume I will need to adjust the four pots (R11, R32, R52 & R56) fully clock wise then re-install the jumper on JP7 on the MS3X board. On the main board, I presently have a jumper across 3&4 on J1 and a jumper across 1&2 on JP1. Does anything need to be done to jumpers JP1 and J1 to go back from its current VR setting to accept the new incoming signal.

As I've been chasing this problem for some time, I just want to make sure I get the install right the first time.

Thanks
hrforever

Re: Just need confirmation before install

Postby jbelanger » Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:15 am

You don't need to do anything to the jumpers. However, you will need to follow the instructions for a Hall sensor to adjust the four pots: simply turn R56 and R11 a few turns clockwise from the fully counterclockwise position. That should be it.

Also make sure to use shielded wires for both the inputs and outputs of the dual VR board (from the sensor and to the MS).

Jean
jbelanger

Postby hrforever » Tue Nov 25, 2014 5:12 pm

Shielded wires already in place. Check
Turn R52 and R56 clockwise. Check
Fingers crossed. Check
hrforever

Postby jbelanger » Tue Nov 25, 2014 5:26 pm

Not R52 but R11 on the MS3X for the cam sensor. R52 and R32 may be adjusted as per the manual but that is usually not as critical or even required.

Jean
jbelanger

Return to Dual VR