Is the Dual VR V2.1 still available?

http://jbperf.com/dual_VR/index.html

Is the Dual VR V2.1 still available?

Postby geanie » Fri Mar 04, 2016 4:05 am

Hello,

Just wondering if you are still selling the Dual VR V2.1 still, as i sent a few queries through your contact form and have not had any response.

Cheers,

Geanie
geanie

Re: Is the Dual VR V2.1 still available?

Postby jbelanger » Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:40 am

Geanie,

Yes it is available and I see that you have already ordered one. As for the contact form, I did receive the one you just sent but I saw it at the same time as this post and your purchase. I don't remember seeing another one but that is possible that it either got lost or I forgot to reply; both of these things happen once in a while.

Jean
jbelanger

Postby geanie » Fri Mar 04, 2016 8:08 pm

Hi Jean,

Thanks for the quick response. I used the form to send some queries about a couple a months ago and i didnt get a response hence why i register with this forum to try my luck and it works :D .

I have a haltech E8 that takes in both vr and hall effect depending on how i set it. I have a corolla 4age with a cam pickup sensor with a 4 tooth reference wheel and a 1 tooth home wheel, with VR sensors for each wheel. When i set the Haltech to read VR on both wheels, with certain gain and filter, it works but the home wheel signal drops out when hot, so the gain and filter is different settings between cold and hot so its not really usable. I checked the gaps of the VR sensors and they are within spec, so i am assuming the VR signal is very noisy and gets worse when it warms up. The sensor wire is shielded.

I was thinking i can clean the signal up by splitting the common ground of the 2 vr sensors and feeding them & both VR+ independently to this dual VR board. Am i correct to assume this?

Since the output of the Dual VR board is a square wave, i am guessing i should set the trigger sensor to Hall effect right?

Also, if i need to offset the trigger signal to get away from any noise, i can inject a certain voltage on one of the pins right?

Cheers,

Eugene
geanie

Postby jbelanger » Fri Mar 04, 2016 8:19 pm

Eugene,

Yes, you would want to split the common ground. In fact, you want to have each sensor connected to its own VR+ and VR- on the board and nothing else (including ground).

You're also correct about the Hall setting and the voltage injection.

Jean
jbelanger

Return to Dual VR