Sequential Injection order

http://jbperf.com/quad_ign_inj/index.html

Sequential Injection order

Postby markuskopa » Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:15 pm

Hi,

I purchased the 4-Channel Ignition/Injection Driver Board a while back, and finally got around to installing it. I have a 2.2 Ecotec 4 cylinder motor with a 36-1 wheel with Hall sensor on the crank, and a single welded tooth on the cam sprocket along with another Hall sensor. For the ignition I'm using 2 BIP373s with a four-tower-coil-pack. When I was testing the injector signals using LEDs with resistors, I noticed that they fire in a 1-2-3-4 sequence. I was just wondering if they're not supposed to follow the firing order which is 1-3-4-2?? The car starts up just fine, I'm just wondering.
markuskopa

Re: Sequential Injection order

Postby jbelanger » Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:13 pm

They fire in a 1-2-3-4 order so you need to wire the outputs to the correct cylinders according to the firing order of your engine.

Jean
jbelanger

Postby markuskopa » Sun Oct 14, 2018 4:06 pm

So I ran into another issue the other day. I was driving my car with sequential injection using the VND5N07 mosfets on the 4-Channel Ignition/Injection Driver Board to control the Siemens Deka 80lb injectors, and everything seemed fine for the first 30 minutes. After that I decided to step on the gas a little, but as soon as the car got into boost at 3500rpm, the motor started stuttering and was running super rich. Once home, I realized that channel 1 was causing the injector to be stuck open while channels 2, 3, and 4 were still firing in sequential mode. Pins 9, 10, and 15 on the DB15 have ground to the motor, and the ground pad on the 4-channel board is connected to the proto area ground pad. Should I try the VND14NV04 next, or are there other mosfet options?
markuskopa

Postby jbelanger » Sun Oct 14, 2018 4:32 pm

Unfortunately the VND5N07 seems to be problematic with some injectors. If you go for a replacement, I would use the VND14NV04. It seems to be more robust.

If you do use the VND14NV04, please post back here about your experience either positive or negative. I currently don't have much feedback on it but the little I have has been positive.

Jean
jbelanger

Return to 4-Channel Driver