No spark on number 3?

http://jbperf.com/quad_ign_inj/index.html
Woznaldo

No spark on number 3?

Post by Woznaldo » Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:42 am

Ok, so I’ve finally got my Dual VR Conditioner up and running on my MS2 V2.2 together with my 4 channel board. When connected to my Jimstim all the injectors fire beautifully (through the IGN LEDS) and Spark A, B and D all seem to be firing nicely (through the IAC LEDs, two at a time). However, when Spark C is hooked up to either IAC1 or IAC2, it’s intermittent.

I’m assuming it’ll be a dry solder joint somewhere?

Also, while testing on the Jimstim, I have no ground connection between the DB15 (pins 9, 10 or 15) and a Jimstim ground, and everything other than Spark C works? Is that correct? I thought I’d need the ground pins linked to a Jimstim ground?

Woznaldo

Re: No spark on number 3?

Post by Woznaldo » Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:26 am

I should also add that my 4 Channel board is setup for logic spark and that ground pin and pad are jumpered.

jbelanger

Post by jbelanger » Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:29 pm

If you have a jumper between the ground pin and the pad that means you are using the external ground and you need to connect that ground to the JimStim ground when bench testing. The fact you 3 working channels is just a luck of the draw and you're working in a unstable state of the chip.

Jean

Woznaldo

Post by Woznaldo » Sat Jul 20, 2019 7:09 pm

Thanks Jean, I’ll clean everything up and get a good grind connection with the Jimstim and run it again.