Two-stage semi sequential four channels on ms2-extra

http://jbperf.com/quad_ign_inj/index.html

Two-stage semi sequential four channels on ms2-extra

Postby eduy2k » Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:17 pm

Hello excuse my bad English, my question is if I can use a four-channel ms2 with two injectors for Stage 1 (Channels 1 and 2 semi sequential) and two more for stage 2 (channels 3 and 4 semi-sequential) can activate the second stage by rpm values ​​or map.

thanks

Eduard
eduy2k

Re: Two-stage semi sequential four channels on ms2-extra

Postby jbelanger » Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:09 pm

Yes you can do that. You simply need to configure your MS2 to use semi-sequential and the additional drivers and to enable staged injection. And of course, you need to make the modification on the MS2 card, connect the injector drivers and connect the injectors (as you say primary are channels 1 and 2 and secondary are channels 3 and 4) but I assume you were aware of those.

Jean
jbelanger

Postby eduy2k » Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:54 pm

Thanks for the quick response, the final configuration would place two high z injectors on channel 1 and two on channel two with the original hardware on the ms2 for use in stage one, and one four-channel driver module (only injector) by reform for four channels and connecting two entries in channel 3 to place an injector low-z on each output and the same for Channel 4, so they are in stage 2 four injectors

Is that correct settings??????

thanks

Eduard
eduy2k

Postby jbelanger » Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:19 am

No, that's not how you would do it. When you do the modification on the MS2 to use the 2 additional channels you cannot use the injector drivers on the MS board. What you would do is to connect the 4-channel driver board to the 4 injector channels as shown on the web page. And on each driver you would connect 2 injectors; the drivers can handle 2 high Z injectors.

If your secondary injectors are low Z injectors then that's a bit more complicated. You will need the 4-channel driver board for the primary injectors (in which case you can use 2 drivers per channel and one injector per driver) and you will need to use the peak&hold driver board for the secondary injectors with 2 drivers per channel and one injector per driver.

That configuration get a bit complicated because it's more complex to fit 2 boards and the wiring. But that may still be the best way to deal with 4 primary high Z injectors and 4 secondary low Z injectors.

There is also the possibility of using inline resistors with the low Z injectors in which case you could run a single 4-channel driver board with 2 injectors per driver.

Jean
jbelanger

Postby eduy2k » Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:40 am

Let's see if I understood ...... remove the components of the two circuits ms2 original power, connect the outputs 1 2 3 and 4 on the main board to the inputs 1 2 3 and 4 of the four-channel driver, connect the two injector output 1 and two in output 2 for stage 1, same for channels 3 and 4 to complete stage 2. All my injector in the two stages are high Z.

Now if correct settings???

thanks

Eduard
eduy2k

Postby jbelanger » Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:49 am

Yes, it's correct. I was confused because in your previous message you mention low Z injectors.

Also, you don't really need to remove the components of the two circuits. You can leave them there but since you will not be connecting your injectors to them, they will not be doing anything. And they won't interfere with the new drivers. You just need to remove the components mentioned here: http://jbperf.com/sequential/index.html#v3conn. And of course you need the MS2 modification mentioned here: http://jbperf.com/sequential/index.html#ms2mods

Jean
jbelanger

Postby eduy2k » Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:57 am

Sorry for my mistake in the previous post, I wrote incorrectly low z but they are all high z.

Thank you very much for the help and your precious time.

Eduard
eduy2k

Return to 4-Channel Driver