vn5n07 burned many times

http://jbperf.com/quad_ign_inj/index.html

vn5n07 burned many times

Postby valenciano » Tue Apr 01, 2014 2:03 am

Hi Jean, I have a problem with the MS2 board 4 channels, it is an isolated case and also can not verify that the car is not in my workshop, I said if something happened.

Sequential injection on a 4-cylinder engine, one injector per channel high impedance 12 ohms, Deka injectors are 620 cc / min. I see no problem here with the flow.

Engine runs good at low engine speeds and loads, but when accelerating up to the limit load, the vnd5n07 burns. First stop the engine is restarted and one injector is open, a different one each time, it is not always the same.

Any think that is the flyback (sorry, I do not how to say this in your language), causes a reset by power surges and destroys vnd5n07, but as I say I can not check it and it's just a guess.

Have you passed something?
valenciano

Re: vn5n07 burned many times

Postby jbelanger » Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:53 am

There has been reports of failures on my board but also on the Microsquirt and on the MS3. The actual cause has not be determined whether it is an inherent weakness of the VND5N07 or whether there were bad batches of them. As far as I know, there were no conclusion either when the manufacturer was contacted.

If you keep having problems with a specific set of injectors, what could be done is to use a different component. I would suggest the VND14NV04 which can deal with more current, has a lower on resistance and can also handle a higher flyback energy. It does have a lower voltage clamp voltage so in theory, it could close the injector a bit slower but that should not make much of a difference in most application. It is still a higher clamp voltage than the MS V3.0 and V3.57 driver circuit.

Jean
jbelanger

Postby valenciano » Tue Apr 01, 2014 3:30 pm

'll buy the components you tell me, had also thought about VND10, but since I have to be ordered and will take a few days, I thought to try to connect the return to the V3 flyback circuit board. I say that with the V3 circuit board, has never failed, has been riding since the sequential injection.

I have read in the extra someone else had the same problems with this brand injectors MS forum, not if they have something expecial in the winding, should not, but just serve to ethanol than gasoline, it is not. I could test other injectors, at least to rule it injector problem, but try telling the owner that was fine when before, you know.
valenciano

Postby jbelanger » Tue Apr 01, 2014 3:39 pm

The VND10 specs are very close to the VND5 so that would likely not make much of a change. The VND14 has a few significant differences that should help if the issue is the flyback.

Please let me know if that solves your issues or not. I may provide the VND14 with my kits in the future if I know that is does solve the issue for at least one known problematic case. I would still provide the VND5 for those who need to be compatible with the other MS drivers.

Jean
jbelanger

Postby valenciano » Tue Apr 01, 2014 3:58 pm

Ok jean, inform you, but this will take time, the car rarely trial. For now will connect to the V3 plate so that the man does not get angry again, then will do the tests.
valenciano

Postby valenciano » Sun Apr 06, 2014 3:25 pm

Today I made some tests with a zener diode and a diode 4007, two in each channel injection, the engine been running several hours and not a problem. It is not definitive, further tests must be done, but it worked without changing the opening time of injection
valenciano

Postby jbelanger » Sun Apr 06, 2014 3:35 pm

Is anything getting hot? And what Zener value and how exactly are they connected?

Jean
jbelanger

Postby valenciano » Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:10 am

I can not tell you jean, I have not the car in the shop, I made a plate with diodes and two DB15 to prove without touching the wiring. I have to review it when you have the car, it was just a test.

The diodod zener 47v got one, there's a guy in msextra forum that explains the two anodes together, the cathode of the zener injector return, the cathode of 4007 to +12 v.

The only problem was that it was losing sync when before I did not, had to change one of the filters noise, did not need it before.
valenciano

Return to 4-Channel Driver