inputs for injector 1 and 2 ?

http://jbperf.com/quad_ign_inj/index.html

inputs for injector 1 and 2 ?

Postby f_devocht » Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:18 am

Looking at the standard MS2 schematic, the inputs (PWM0-1 and PWM1-1) of the 2 standard injector circuits come from pins 21 and 22 of the daughterboard.
Suppose I wanted to build 2 extra 'standard' circuits (like in the proto area) for injectors 3 and 4. Then I'm using pin 4 and 5 of the daughterboard as inputs for the new circuit.
However, when following your instructions for the 4 driver board, the inputs for the 2 first injector circuits no longer come from pins 21 and 22,but from (flyback) pins 39 and 40 it seems (R32 and R36).
Does this mean that I have to reroute the inputs for the standard circuits on the V3 board from pins 21 and 22 to pins 39 and 40 when I want to go full sequential?
IOW, I cannot simply switch back and forth between the 2 modes without moving the inputs for inj1 and inj2?
f_devocht

Re: inputs for injector 1 and 2 ?

Postby jbelanger » Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:54 am

You cannot use the standard injector driver circuits as injector channels 1 and 2 when you go to 4 injector channels. The first reason is that, as you say, this doesn't use the same MS2 pins. But more importantly, the V3.0 board injector driver circuit is an inverting circuit and you can't use an inverting circuit in this application.

It is a lot easier to use 4 new injector driver circuits similar to the ones on the Microsquirt or the MS3X (or my 4-channel driver board) than to try to keep the old ones. And replicating the V3.0 circuits takes a lot of components which would never fit in the proto area.

This has been discussed a few times on the msextra forum. And there has been one or 2 who have gone to the trouble of making it work with the V3.0 circuits. But the feedback is that it was not worth the trouble.

I should add that even if you do add the simpler injector drivers as per my 4-channel board web page, you can leave the standard injector drivers intact and they will still be operational. However, they will only give the correct output signal if you configure your MS2 to not use the additional injector channels.

Jean
jbelanger

Postby f_devocht » Tue Apr 29, 2014 3:27 pm

Thank you for the information Jean.
f_devocht

Postby f_devocht » Tue Apr 29, 2014 6:15 pm

Suppose I use your 4 channel board (just ordered one :)), could I use this in 2-channel mode?
IOW, could I connect 2 of the 4 channels in place of the standard injector circuit?
Or is this a problem and would I have to use the original circuit because it is inverting and your circuit isn't?
f_devocht

Postby jbelanger » Tue Apr 29, 2014 6:33 pm

If you connect the drivers as per my instructions, you can use the drivers in 2-channel mode. But you can also use all 4 channels without using sequential/semi-sequential; in this case what you will have is that channels 1 and 3 will fire together and 2 and 4 together. To do that simply select the additional driver option and leave the sequential injection settings in untimed mode.

Also note that you don't want to connect more than 2 injectors per channel.

Jean
jbelanger

Postby f_devocht » Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:39 am

Great, thank you very much, Jean.
f_devocht

Return to 4-Channel Driver