I ordered few times ago dual vr board, 4-channel driver and V2.0 prosessor
for stim. I get cop working but have stange situation. I measure 8.5Hz from
injector in small rpm using normal injection method with 2 squirts/rew and when
I go to sequential, there was 17Hz!! Do You have some basic setting msq for
sequential? I have no idea what to do with it. Have been trying solve it
with setting chanse, but nothing yet. If someone can look my msq and send
some msq-help, I will be very pleased!

This system is not in the car yet and I´m using it with stim and I measured
that frequense with fluke multimeter bacause I don´t have scope.

Best Regards
Vesa
Attachments
sequentaali.msq
(66.5 KiB) Downloaded 231 times

UnaClocker

Re: Problem with sequential

Post by UnaClocker » Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:08 pm

I believe you need to change it to 1squirt/simultaneous and specify "use extra drivers" when you switch on sequential..
'84 Dodge Rampage - MS3

jbelanger

Post by jbelanger » Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:28 pm

You can't use the EDIS mode (or distributor) for sequential injection. There is not enough information to know where TDC of cylinder 1 is located and to time the injection. You need to use a mode that can be used for COPs (even if you don't use COPs).

The other settings look fine (2 squirts/alternating and additional drivers).

Jean

Vesku

Post by Vesku » Fri Dec 18, 2009 4:25 pm

Sorry!! I was in hurry before and sen wrong msq :oops: And thanks for Your response allso!

Now there is right one.
Attachments
Sequential Cop.msq
(72.61 KiB) Downloaded 226 times

jbelanger

Post by jbelanger » Fri Dec 18, 2009 5:19 pm

I just tested your msq on my bench setup and it works just as it should. I get the correct sequential injection sequence for the 4 injector drivers.

Have a look at the composite logger in TunerStudio to see what your MS is seeing. Also where do you make your measurements to arrive at the frequency and what RPM is this set to? A 17Hz measurement from a single driver would be about 2000RPM.

If the measurement is accurate, there are a few possibilities. The first one is that you have not selected the correct wheel mode on the JimStim. Did you select the IAW Weber-Marelli wheel mode with DIP switches 4, 5, 7 on and the others off?

The second possibility is that there is an issue with your wiring. Have you made the MS2 card modification shown here and have you connected the 4 injector drivers as shown here? Do you have the 2nd trigger connected correctly on your MS board and on your JimStim?

Jean

Vesku

Post by Vesku » Fri Dec 18, 2009 7:01 pm

I have to take a look tomorrow for all connections. I have that feeling that I have been missing something... There will come 6.66Hz/injector from connecting points with 800rpm and rpm is very stable, but after injector driver it will show 26.65Hz. I measured frequency from all incoming signal points and out going as well. And all against the ground.

Wheel mode is weber marelli and DIP switches are ok.

MS2 mod is done as seen on pics and drivers is connected as shown. 2nd trigger is ok as well because tuner studio shows nice and steady rpm.

It´s 1am now here so I look that composite logger tomorrow and try figure out something. I´m quite sure, that there is some stupid error, what I have been made... :lol:

jbelanger

Post by jbelanger » Fri Dec 18, 2009 7:12 pm

What you can do is to use 4 of the ignition LEDs on the JimStim as you "injectors". You simply connect the LEDs (on the 10-pin header besides the LEDs) to the injector drivers and you connect the 4-channel driver board ground to the JimStim ground. If you run at about 300 RPM, you will clearly see the pattern 1,2,3,4 on the LEDs.

I think your issue is mainly where you're taking the measurement and your meter is simply seeing the 4 drivers at the same time.

Jean

Vesku

Post by Vesku » Sat Dec 19, 2009 3:44 am

Yep! I try grounding also in this morning but still have that 26.65Hz, when should have 6.66Hz. then I connect outputs from driver to leds and all worked fine! I´m sure now, that my meter see all those 4 drivers, as You told. Think that when there was no load for drivers, ground might flow... And when there came some load for drivers all worked fine. If I put injectors straight from the start, I wouldn´t have this issue :)

Thanks for Your help! Next step is build driver board to ms box and go to garage for testing all with real injectors and coils. Coils I tested earlier of this week and they worked fine allready. I have audi 4-pin cop´s and +5v triggering for them with transistors as shown in mega manual.

Vesa

btt

Post by btt » Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:31 am

hello,
what is the correct setting of ms2 extra for 4 cyl full sequentional injection? 4 squirts/cycle + alternate or as mentioned above "1squirt/simultaneous" (/rev???)
i have 60-2 crankwheel + single tooth on cam

best regards,
Boguslaw Tabasz

jbelanger

Post by jbelanger » Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:03 am

You need to use either 1 squirt/simultaneous or 2 squirts/alternating. Both give the correct 1 squirt per cycle per injector.

Jean