MS3 and SLC-OEM via I2C

http://jbperf.com/io_extender/index.html
http://jbperf.com/io_extender/tinyIOx.html for the TinyIOx

MS3 and SLC-OEM via I2C

Postby dontz125 » Thu Nov 19, 2015 9:22 pm

I've rummaged in the threads here, but I can't seem to find "the answer". I'm contemplating a design with 4 WBO2 for per-cyl correction, but playing with TS this afternoon, I don't see how to specify which what goes where. From comments made here, and dredging up thoroughly-dusty memories, I *think* that the way to do this is:
1. In TS, specify sensors 1-4 as "CAN EGO" in the middle of the AFR/EGO page, then match up sensors 1-4 with cylinders 1-4 in the little chart on the right side.
2. In hardware, set the 4 SLC-OEM units as addresses 16, 17, 18, and 19.
3. Wire the controllers to PTE4/5 on a TIOx, or PTG6/7 on a big IOx.
4. The magic happens in the code out of sight - unit 16 becomes sensor 1, 17 becomes sensor 2, etc., and each 'CAN EGO' device gets handed off to the appropriate cyl.

Am I correct? It's the lack of "CAN EGO1", "CAN EGO2" that's confusing me ...

Out of curiousity, why not use PTE4/5 on the IOx? Or is that an artifact of the TIOx coming along much later, after PTG6/7 was established for I2C?
dontz125

Re: MS3 and SLC-OEM via I2C

Postby jbelanger » Thu Nov 19, 2015 9:44 pm

First, let me just say that I have a 4-SLC OEM board that is ready and being tested:

However, this is not a sealed box so if you want a sealed unit for use on motorcycles this one won't be ideal.

But you have the basics right. You also need to point the MS3 in the CAN settings to the correct memory location which is not the same on the IOx and the TIOx (search the ini for aux_data for the IOx and afr_data for the TIOx).

PTE4/5 conflicts with the SPI port so PTG6/7 is used. That is not possible on the TIOX since there is no PTG6/7.

Jean
jbelanger

Postby dontz125 » Thu Nov 19, 2015 10:07 pm

Thanks, I think I've got it. IOx is Remote ID 5, table 7, offset 153 for AFR1, while the TIOx is Remote ID 4, table 7, offset 76 - right?

When you say the SPI port, you're referring to PTE2-5? Unless I'm not understanding the notation, there's a second SPI port at PTH0-3. I assume that each port is hard-coded to its use, and - unless you've already done the coding - I can't simply wire up my SDA & SLC wires to PTF2/3 and expect it to work.

Cool box, but yeah - like most of my stuff, this is bike-based, and needs to be IP-"are you kidding me" for it to have any expectation of working properly.

Now I get to sit down with my notes and teach myself how to turn VR inputs to the (T)IOx into CAN VSS signals for use with traction control. :? PWM inputs are your friend ...
dontz125

Postby jbelanger » Thu Nov 19, 2015 10:18 pm

Yes, you're right about the ID, table, offset. And the I2C port for the SLC OEMs is hardcoded for the one on PTG6/7.

There are 2 SPI ports and 2 I2C ports and the pins used are the ones that do not create conflict while allowing the use of all 4. The SPI ports are no doing anything in the current code but that could change without affecting the current features.

Jean
jbelanger

Postby Stu_D » Fri May 05, 2017 5:47 pm

Hi Jean

Digging up a bit of a old thread but do you have any more info on that 4 SLC box you posted about in your original reply?

Sorry if you've posted about it elsewhere I've probably missed it if you have! :oops:

Thanks
Stu_D

Return to I/O Extender