TinyIOx

http://jbperf.com/io_extender/index.html
http://jbperf.com/io_extender/tinyIOx.html for the TinyIOx

TinyIOx

Postby Marcdekika » Tue Nov 01, 2016 12:59 pm

Hi Jean,

I have purchased a TinyIOx, just to have more analog inputs to show extra temperatures on the dashboard of Tunerstudio.
It is installed with the CAN bus. When I launch "port scanner V1.2" then it finds my megasquirt and the TinyIOx, I can flash in the latest firmware. So I have communication.
Tunerstudio is modified, so I have the device choise between my car project and TinyIOx (CAN4).
In TinyIOx setup, in "Base I/O settings" I have set ADC to enable.
in "ADC channels activation" I have set ADC channel 2 to active
I have put a adjustable 0 to 5 volt signal at AD1 for testing (it comes from the power supply, so GND's are connected)
In Tunerstudio I have created a extra gauche where controller is set to "CAN4" and output channel to AD1.
And now, when I change my signal, nothing happens. The new gauche does not move and when I go to "CAN4, Data, Real time display" all the values stay at 100.

What am I doing wrong?
Best regards
Marc
Marcdekika

Re: TinyIOx

Postby jbelanger » Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:49 pm

Marc,

You will need to post a backup of your project because I need to see all your settings. This is under File/Vehicle Projects menu. Make sure to unclick the boxes on the right in the dialog window so that the datalogs and restore points are not included: this should make the backup file a reasonable size.

Jean
jbelanger

Postby Marcdekika » Wed Nov 02, 2016 6:44 am

Hi Jean,

I found the problem.
As outputchannel I have to take GPIOADCx instead of ADCx. Now it is working.
Thanks for the effort.
Next week I will order 2 more TinyIOx.

Marc
Marcdekika

Postby Marcdekika » Sat Nov 19, 2016 10:14 am

Hi Jean,

I want to order 2 more TinyIOx boards, but I see that sale is suspended.
Can I still order them?

One more question: is there a terminator resistor for the CAN bus on the board? If yes, which one is that?

Marc
Marcdekika

Postby jbelanger » Sat Nov 19, 2016 4:06 pm

Marc,

The ordering button should be back online sometime this week. I'll post here when it happens.

And yes there is a terminating resistor and that's what the DIP switch is for. The switch enables (switch on) and disables (switch off) the resistor so you can have multiple boards on the bus.

Jean
jbelanger

Postby jbelanger » Wed Nov 23, 2016 2:36 pm

The TinyIOx ordering is back online: http://www.jbperf.com/io_extender/tinyIOx.html#Buy.

If you were considering buying a TinyIOx in the near (or not so near) future, you may want to do so now while it is available. The current batch is limited and I'm not sure when the next one will be available.

Jean
jbelanger

Postby mill383 » Sun Dec 04, 2016 7:59 pm

Two orders for TinyIOs heading your way, Jean. Hope you can keep your very useful product line open.
-Dave
mill383

Postby Ted75zcar » Tue Dec 20, 2016 6:38 pm

WHOOPS! wrong thread, taking to general TinyIOx thread
Ted75zcar

Postby Marcdekika » Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:08 am

Hi Jean,

Hope you are doing well!

After an unexpected break, I am working again on this project.
Everything is working, except getting decent values on the gauges.
In tools I have filled in the calibration tables for CAN 4, in "Led displays" "Sensor calibration" I have connected the calibration tables to the sensors.
Probably I am using the wrong gauges. Which gauges output channel should I use to have a "calibrated" gauge? There are so many channels that I do not see the wood for the trees.

Thx
Marc
Marcdekika

Postby jbelanger » Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:01 am

Marc,

In the current firmware, the calibration tables are only used to display values on the LED displays; that's why they are located in that specific dialog window. You can't get the calibrated values directly in the gauges in TunerStudio.

You can still get calibrated values in TunerStudio but you will need to either use a custom.ini file or use the channel editor and wizard: http://www.tunerstudio.com/index.php/tu ... nel-wizard.

Jean
jbelanger

Postby Marcdekika » Sun May 06, 2018 7:17 am

Hi Jean,

Back again with another question.

Is it possible to put the newly generated channel (by the custom channel wizard) back on the CAN bus, so I can put it on an external display?

Thx,

Marc
Marcdekika

Postby jbelanger » Sun May 06, 2018 12:50 pm

Marc,

The generated channels only exist inside TunerStudio on the PC. The TinyIOx has no knowledge of it whatsoever so it cannot put it on the CAN bus.

Jean
jbelanger

Return to I/O Extender