TinyIOX - Timer Inputs

http://jbperf.com/io_extender/index.html
http://jbperf.com/io_extender/tinyIOx.html for the TinyIOx

TinyIOX - Timer Inputs

Postby jonny » Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:24 pm

Hi,

I've built up a TinyIOX with a pair of Dual VR conditioners, with the aim of getting wheel speeds into my MS3. The outputs from the VR conditioners are connected to TPM1CH0 through TPM1CH3.

What I'm struggling to get my head round is how now to get this into MS :) The TinyIOX is configured and working OK - I'm also reading EGO data from an Innovate LC1, so that side is working OK. From reading round, I need:

In IOX - Base IO Settings, PWM Input Enable.

In PWM settings, do I want 32bit?

On the MS side, under CAN Receiving, do I create new inputs for CANVSS1 thru 4, 'identifier' is the offset from the ini file (pwm1_count?) and offset is table number, so 7? What do I need for the Size etc?

Any help much appreciated!

Thanks

Jon
jonny

Re: TinyIOX - Timer Inputs

Postby jbelanger » Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:54 pm

Jon,

Please post your msq for the TIOx and the MS3. That will be easier as a starting point.

Jean
jbelanger

Postby jonny » Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:46 am

Hi Jean,

Many thanks for your help with this!

.msq files attached...

Jon
Last edited by jonny on Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
jonny

Postby jbelanger » Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:20 am

The settings are correct on the TinyIOx as they are. On the MS3, you need to use the pwm1_16 offset which is 28 and you need to match the timer 1 settings on the TIOx which are 24, 128 and 0 for the clock, prescale and divider. And 16 bit is fine for your number of teeth.

Also, you don't want to use CAN receiving because you already are using the CAN polling. With CAN receiving you are creating a conflict with the polling. For the VSS settings, since you're using CAN PWMin you only need to indicate which port which is what you've already done for VSS1 and VSS2. You can do the same for VSS3 and VSS4 (if that's what you're using ports 3 and 4 for).

Jean
jbelanger

Postby jonny » Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:27 am

That's great - thanks for your help!
jonny

Return to I/O Extender