I/O Extender availability

http://jbperf.com/io_extender/index.html
http://jbperf.com/io_extender/tinyIOx.html for the TinyIOx

Re: I/O Extender availability

Postby jbelanger » Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:48 am

dl. wrote:what do I need to know about the thermo couples? I bought them a while ago, and don't remember from who?

They just need to be K-type thermocouples (chromel-alumel). And if you bought them as EGT probes then that's what they will be.

Jean
jbelanger

Postby dl. » Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:33 pm

These in yet?
dl.

Postby jbelanger » Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:52 am

dl. wrote:These in yet?

If you mean the logger boards, no they're not here yet. If you mean the I/O Extender then I do have them.

Jean
jbelanger

Postby jbelanger » Wed Mar 02, 2011 5:12 pm

Both the logger board and the I/O Extender are now fully available. I may need a few days to assemble them depending on demand and what is needed but other than that you can order them now.

Jean
jbelanger

Postby Walter » Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:22 am

I would like to order 2 of the logger boards and 2 EGT boards how do you want to get paid ? I will need 2 more sets in about a mounth.
Walter

Postby jbelanger » Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:45 am

Walter,

I sent you a PM.

Jean
jbelanger

Postby dl. » Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:18 am

I want both boards with 8 egts. Also the case and harness.
How do I pay you?

I'm not sure I understand the sd card? It currently does Not work? I'm using ms3/ms3x, will I be able to log the 8 egts, 3 axis, and other things thru the ms3x sd card? I am also planning to log 2 wheel speed sensors, do you have any links you can point me to?

Thanks
dl.

Postby jbelanger » Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:01 pm

I sent you a PM.
jbelanger

Postby RXBeetle » Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:43 pm

How do I go about ordering an I/O extender? Just paypal you with an "I/O Extender yes please!" note?
Thanks
RXBeetle

Postby jbelanger » Fri Mar 11, 2011 5:46 pm

RXBeetle wrote:How do I go about ordering an I/O extender? Just paypal you with an "I/O Extender yes please!" note?
Thanks

PM sent.

Jean
jbelanger

Postby Walter » Sat Mar 12, 2011 2:22 am

I din,t get the pm could yo resend?
Walter

Postby jbelanger » Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:56 am

Walter wrote:I din,t get the pm could yo resend?

Resent. If you still have problems, PM me your email address and I'll email you the information.

Jean
jbelanger

Postby Walter » Mon Mar 28, 2011 11:44 pm

I would like to order two IO boardsd CW 4 EGT per board on the logger , The logger board also has a DB37 what connects to it? or does it connect to the MS2 board? We will be looking to add some speed sensors and press sensors to this and later some more stuff. Do they have the ability of Accelerometer and if so how does it mount in the case and is it configarable if the case has to be mounted in a specific situation?
Walter

Postby jbelanger » Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:12 am

The logger board has a screw terminal block so that you can simply connect the bare wires of a thermocouple probe. There are 2 types of connectors available: the standard one that fits in the shorter case as can be seen here and the plug in connector that requires the taller case and can be seen here. Since you want to use your own board, you can use the version you want. However, the plug in module is an extra $15 and is in limited supply.

The accelerometer is a 3-axis sensor with fixed x, y, and z axis. However, you can use each axis to represent the movement you want. So unless you put the case at an angle you can simply see which axis represents forward/backwards, left/right and up/down movement. If you position the case at an angle, you can still have those but you will need to make some mathematical transformations (doable in the ini).

So let me know which connector you want for the logger board and I'll pm you the details.

Jean
jbelanger

Postby Walter » Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:00 am

I have a custom case that has 1 inch extra long on one end ( the end of the DB37) I want to use a AMP connector for external hook up and have all the DB style connectors internal.I am trying to have 1 AMP external connector plus the DB9 at the other end. So I would have to have all the connections for the EGT, Ms2 and logger all go thru 1 connector.I may be able to mount these boxes flat at the rear of the chassis once I move some stuff around.If i can add some speed sensors and press sensors this would also be good . Plus has anyone worked with traction control? So if i am to make all connections internal what goes from the logger board to the EGT and MS2? I hope i have enough room.
Walter

Postby Old Colt » Wed Mar 30, 2011 6:25 am

I started working with traction control way back in the MS1 days. I have not fiddled with it since though and I cannot say I got real far with it.
I expect the information as well as what code was used would still be available.
Regards,
Charlie north
If it ain't broke, Modify it!

ffmsd.com
Old Colt

Postby jbelanger » Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:02 am

Walter wrote:I have a custom case that has 1 inch extra long on one end ( the end of the DB37) I want to use a AMP connector for external hook up and have all the DB style connectors internal.I am trying to have 1 AMP external connector plus the DB9 at the other end. So I would have to have all the connections for the EGT, Ms2 and logger all go thru 1 connector.I may be able to mount these boxes flat at the rear of the chassis once I move some stuff around.If i can add some speed sensors and press sensors this would also be good . Plus has anyone worked with traction control? So if i am to make all connections internal what goes from the logger board to the EGT and MS2? I hope i have enough room.

So the best would be to use the standard screw terminal block since that would take less space. You could also solder wires directly to the board.

As for the sensors, you can add some since you'll have 12 circuits available for analog signals (8 on the IOx board and 4 on the logger board since you use 4 for EGT). For speed sensors, there are 4 VR conditioner circuits which can also be used with Hall/opto sensors with a pull up and these are connected to timer pin on the CPU so you can have speed information.

There is no traction control on the MS2 when using the standard MS2/Extra code. There was some experimental code but this was never included in the main code due to licensing issues. And as far as I know this code is no longer available.

And the only connections you need between the IOx (and logger board) and the MS2 are the 2 CAN wires.

Jean
jbelanger

Postby UnaClocker » Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:29 am

I think they're starting to do some work with traction control in the MS3 right now.
'84 Dodge Rampage - MS3
UnaClocker

Postby Walter » Wed May 11, 2011 10:22 am

My boxes are done. I will need 2 complete systems as per our previous conversations. I built slots that are.280 .425 and .550 apart. dont know how to attach pics?
Walter

Postby jbelanger » Wed May 11, 2011 11:00 am

Walter wrote:My boxes are done. I will need 2 complete systems as per our previous conversations. I built slots that are.280 .425 and .550 apart. dont know how to attach pics?

Walter,

You should have the needed information to order the 2 systems in the PM I sent you a couple of months ago. And you will want to use the slots that are .550 apart because the other distances won't allow a correct interface between the boards (either too tight or too wide for both possible configurations).

For attaching pictures, you can either use the "Img" button at the top of the message post window if the image is somewhere on the web or use the "Upload attachement" tab below the message post window if the image is only on your computer.

Jean
jbelanger

PreviousNext

Return to I/O Extender