I/O Extender availability

http://jbperf.com/io_extender/index.html
http://jbperf.com/io_extender/tinyIOx.html for the TinyIOx

Re: I/O Extender availability

Postby jbelanger » Mon Jul 12, 2010 3:13 pm

Shortbus wrote:Jean, put me down for one io/extender board and case. (If you have a tall case available)

I will get the SLC_OEM board when they are ready.

I don't have the tall cases at this time and I'm about to move to another city. So if you don't mind waiting until next week, I should have be in a better situation to get everything ready.

Jean
jbelanger

Postby Shortbus » Mon Jul 12, 2010 3:20 pm

That sounds fine. Good luck with the move.
Shortbus

Postby Shortbus » Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:50 pm

jbelanger wrote:
Shortbus wrote:Jean, put me down for one io/extender board and case. (If you have a tall case available)

I don't have the tall cases at this time and I'm about to move to another city. So if you don't mind waiting until next week, I should have be in a better situation to get everything ready.

Jean

Jean,

I am ready to order up the extender board. I have my oem_slc boards.

Please set me up with what I need.

Thanks. Shortbus.
Shortbus

Postby jbelanger » Sat Jul 31, 2010 10:02 pm

Shortbus wrote:
jbelanger wrote:

Jean

Jean,

I am ready to order up the extender board. I have my oem_slc boards.

Please set me up with what I need.

Thanks. Shortbus.

PM sent.

Jean
jbelanger

Postby Rod S » Mon Sep 06, 2010 4:34 am

Jean,

What's the current availability of the boards ?

And a couple of silly questions....

Am I right in assuming all the SMD bits shown in the first photo are already installed, not just the CPU but the resistors, DB connector etc ?

And what's the length up to and including the DB connector flange ?
I realise they are metric width - ideal for over here as 4" cases just don't exist - but I need to know the length to the connector flange to see which is the optimum metric case (as I probably already have one). Otherwise what is the overall size of he case that you (I think) offer as an option).

Rod.
Rod S

Postby jbelanger » Mon Sep 06, 2010 9:25 am

The board is available but still in a limited quantity. I will have a new batch of boards made that will make it more widely available and I will add a buy button to the site then.

And you're right that all the SMD components are already assembled. So the board is functional as is and you simply add the through hole components for the functions you want to have.

The inside case dimensions are 120mmX100mm and you can see more information here: http://www.hammondmfg.com/1455.htm. The one sold with the board is the 1455L1201 and the 1455N1201 is also available for those who will want the SLC OEM carrier board. So you can use a case that has those dimensions but if you want more than just the base board, you have to be careful about the distance between slots due to the connection between the boards. There is some margin and you can use different components but this would have to be planned for.

Jean
jbelanger

Postby Rod S » Wed Sep 08, 2010 6:57 am

Thanks Jean,

Those Hammond cases are the common ones over here too, I already have a couple (although slightly longer for a 140mm board) for that project I started last year but never finished..... :D

Prices are comparable at the current dollar exchange rate but I guess there is a slight advantage in taking it from you if the board was slipped inside so better protected on its transatlantic journey. But would the postage charges not be quite a bit higher because of the increased size of the package ???

Can you PM me please - preferably on the TM forum as I'm allways logged on there - with the transatlantic price with or without case.

Thanks,

Rod.
Rod S

Postby masterx81 » Fri Nov 05, 2010 6:06 am

Hi! I'm interested in the extender board... There are still some avaiable? there will be also hardware revisions on the future or the pcb is quite definitive? Thanks!
masterx81

Postby jbelanger » Fri Nov 05, 2010 8:36 am

The board is available now. You can PM me for details and so that I can give you a quote which will depend on the options you want and where you're located (for shipping cost).

And the hardware is stable so I'm not planning any pcb revision for the near future. However, there may be additional boards created for other features.

Jean
jbelanger

Postby Solo2fan » Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:48 am

jbelanger wrote:The board is available now. You can PM me for details and so that I can give you a quote which will depend on the options you want and where you're located (for shipping cost).

And the hardware is stable so I'm not planning any pcb revision for the near future. However, there may be additional boards created for other features.

Jean

Jean,

I interested in an extender for 8 EGT and 2 SLC OEM with tall case.

Thanks,
Jeff
Solo2fan

Postby jbelanger » Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:37 pm

Jeff,

So that means you'll need the base I/O Extender board, the logger board, the SLC carrier board and the tall case. You'll have to decide if you want the logger board in an EGT-only configuration or if you want the standard features as well. And you will also have to get the SLC OEM modules from 14point7 since I don't have them in stock.

You can PM me for more details.

Jean
jbelanger

Postby rickb794 » Sat Dec 18, 2010 7:08 pm

I would like to purchase both the IO extender and logger boards (kits) and case
rickb794

Postby jbelanger » Sat Dec 18, 2010 7:46 pm

rickb794 wrote:I would like to purchase both the IO extender and logger boards (kits) and case

OK. You'll need to tell me where you're located and if you want any EGT circuits on the logger board.

Jean
jbelanger

Postby rickb794 » Sat Dec 18, 2010 10:04 pm

I am also interested in how the GPS data is stored and if it is sync'd with the other sensor data stored.

Is it stored by just coordinates with a time stamp?

Can this GPS data be interpolated into speed graphing on the stored datafile?

I plan to use two VR channels for wheel speed monitoring to indicate wheel slippage (comparing front to rear)
and would like to verify via GPS, as well as have GPS location on track to pinpoint "events".

Misplaced the link to the logger board....
rickb794

Postby jbelanger » Sat Dec 18, 2010 10:59 pm

Rick,

You can have a look at the ini file to see all the data that is logged. There is also a thread on the subject here: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=133. And as opposed to what is mentioned on that thread, the latest firmware does parse all the GPS data so all the fields are available.

So you have the GPS speed and the accelerometer data that can be used to give you information to verify wheel slippage in addition to the wheel sensors.

Also, I just want to make sure that you know the GPS module is not included and that you'll need to buy it from Sparkfun (http://www.sparkfun.com/products/9133).

Jean
jbelanger

Postby rickb794 » Sun Dec 19, 2010 3:56 am

Yes I am aware that the GPS module is a separate purchase.

I have misplaced the link to the logger board I recall seeing a web page that provided details.
Is that still available?

Can an EGT circuit with a thermocouple ring under the spark plug be used to provide a CTS signal via the extender for MS operation on an air cooled motor?
rickb794

Postby jbelanger » Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:10 am

This topic might be of interest: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=117. Mike (msoultan) is using CHT sensors on his air cooled engine and these are connected to EGT circuits that have been configured specifically for this purpose. You could use the standard EGT configuration but you would have less precision.

Jean
jbelanger

Postby dl. » Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:40 am

I want one of these for 8 egt probes to use with MS3/3x . Are they available currently? I am also wondering what other logging can be done with the i/o and what has to be "built in" at the time of purchase?
thanks
dl.

Postby jbelanger » Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:54 am

I just sold my last logger board so I need to have more made which will take a couple of weeks.

The 8 ADC circuits used by the EGT circuits on the logger board are all assembled (in SMD components). The 8 ADC circuits on the base I/O Extender board need to be assembled by the user using through hole components. How they are assembled will depend on the sensor used. And some of the components needed are provided with the board but since it depends on which sensor is used, it would be difficult to cater to all needs.

Let me know what you intend to use and I'll let you know what is needed specifically. And I'll let you know when the new batch of logger boards is ready.

Jean
jbelanger

Postby dl. » Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:29 am

what do I need to know about the thermo couples? I bought them a while ago, and don't remember from who?
dl.

PreviousNext

Return to I/O Extender